Chambon sur Lac (3 km)
Chambon, renowned for its lake in the heart of Auvergne, with its west-facing beach. Ideal point to start a visit to the Sancy massif, one of the most attractive corners of Auvergne. On the program, a breath of fresh air based on reasonable and very green steps. The paths of the aerial Chaudefour valley, a splendid nature reserve assiduously frequented by climbing enthusiasts, will hold you back for a day. The tour of the dark Pavin lake will provide a resolutely volcanic counterpoint to this first hike.
Tourist circuits and leisure:
- Chaudefour valley (fauna, flora, springs)
- Mont-Dore and Monts-Dômes mountain ranges
- Volcanoes Park, Vulcania, Auvergne Lakes Region
- Murol castle, waterfalls, churches...
- St-Nectaire (church,dolmen)
- Besse (medieval village)
- Lac Chambon: water games, swimming, pedal boats, fishing..
. - climbing, mountain biking, hiking, horse riding...
Visits: House of Painters from the Murol school
To discover: honey production, medicinal plants, production of Saint-Nectaire on the farms Historical
site: Castle of Murol